Saturday, December 7, 2013

Create Your Own Background

The Simon Says Wednesday challenge for this week is to make your own background.

I did mine by first adding a design in white glue on my paper. Then I did other things while I waited for it to dry. It took quite a while. I thought about using my heat gun, but I didn't know if it would mess up the design so I just waited.

And waited.

Finally the  glue was completely dry so I started inking. I chose orange, green and purple for my inks. I placed my cardstock piece on scrap paper and laid another scrap sheet on top, on an angle. I alternated my colours, moving down about an inch, on the diagonal, for each colour. The colours show up lighter over the glued areas.

Next I ran the piece through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. And that's it. I added my circle sentiment and a couple of scraps in two of the corners for a bit of interest.

Thanks for popping by.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa
Front

Inside
And here are the sentiments for you to use on your own projects.
JPEG

PNG

JPEG

PNG

7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such fabulous sentiment font. Thank you so much for sharing!

Heather said...

A stunning card Teresa, wonderful colours and embossing - your sentiments panel is fabulous!!

Thank you so much for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Carmen said...

Thanks Teresa! I'll certainly be able to use this! :)

Lady Anne said...

Love your card Teresa, I will have to try this technique myself, thank you for explaining how you did it. I think it is all the colour that I like the best, like a rainbow, beautiful. Thank you for once again sharing some Christmas Sentiments, so kind of you...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's

Karon said...

Great card - love how you did the background - fabulous! Thanks for sharing the sentiments! Have a wonderful week.

Shoregirl said...

Your background came out very pretty! I love the diagonal stripes!

Penny said...

So sweet of you to offer these sentiments--thank you! :^)
Your card is gorgeous! What a fantastic background you created for your sentiment! I love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny