Monday, December 16, 2013

My Little Tree

We finally got our Christmas tree up yesterday. It's a bit spindly, but it works. I usually try to do something to fill in the gaps. Last year I used tulle (wedding veil fabric) as garland and that did the trick quite nicely. This year I wanted to try something different with the tulle. I cut it into 12 inch sections and used silver elastic cord to tie a few silk flowers to the center. Then I just poked the pieces into the branches and spread them out a bit. I like it. What do you think?

The best part is that I didn't have to buy anything extra. I had everything already in my Christmas box and in my craft room.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a wonderful crafty day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa





6 comments:

Karon said...

It is such a wonderful tree and I love how you did the tulle - note to self for next year! :-) Hope you have a fabulous week.

Penny said...

Really pretty, Teresa! Love the tulle in the tree--so elegant! :^)
Hugs, Penny

NanaConnie said...

Incredible job on the tulle, Teresa! How creative. I don't think I would have thought of that but now that I see it on your tree, you can bet I'll use the idea next year. Merry Christmas, my friend.

Karen Murray said...

Your tree is beautiful, Teresa! I love the tulle; it's very elegant and so pretty. I also really love your angel. I have always had an angel as our tree topper even as a little girl. We are on our second one since we married, but when the first one died my husband insisted we had to get another angel. I love him for that. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

I tried to comment and blogger crashed, so I'm not sure if it got through. So if this is a repeat, I apologize!
The tulle is beautiful!! I've used wide Christmas ribbon as garland for several years and was thinking it is time to change it up a bit. This is great inspiration!!

p.s. Did you get lots of snow? My cousin was stuck in a hotel room in Charlottetown and posted pics of the drifts up the window. I'm sad because ours is melting! :(

Charlene said...

What a wonderful idea for your tree...looks so festive :D Thanks for sharing your ideas.