Saturday, April 26, 2014

Last Page of 1st Art Journal

Hello Friends,

I finished the last page of my 1st art journal a couple of weeks ago. What an enriching experience it has been. I feel that I have stepped through a door into a new realm full of creative possibilities. Each time I struggle with the thought, "What if I do it wrong?" I remind myself that it is all just practice and play. There are no mistakes, only stepping stones to improving my art and discovering new ways of expressing myself. If some pages are ugly or too private to share that is okay. Art can be private or public, but I think the best art is both.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in this adventure with me.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

The last pages of my altered book art journal
I filled the book in less then 2 months
This lovely lady was a photo in the original book. The butterflies are cut-outs from a calendar.

The butterfly and flowers are from an old calendar.  I went back later and shaded around them to make them stand out better. I had fun with inks, paint, stamps and bubble wrap for the background. 


5 comments:

Lady Anne said...

Fabulous Teresa, I love the colours you have used and the picture of the lady is beautiful and I just love the flowers. I am intrigued to know how you use the bubble wrap I can see it but how did you get that effect using it? I presume you put the bubble wrap on top of the wet gessop? Thank you for once again inspiring me...
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Penny said...

Looks like a great way to end your first journal, Teresa! Really love the bubble-wrap treatment for texture! :^) Love the bright, fiery colors you used on this, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow, this is eye catching beauty, just love your palette and technique.
Blessings

Karon said...

Great colours and what a fabulous image, she is wonderful. TFS

Shelby said...

Congrats on finishing your journal and this page is gorgeous. Love all of the vibrant and wonderful colors and the different shapes are fantastic.

Shelby