Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Zentangle Inspired Butterfly

Hello Peeps,

I was so pleased with my Zentangle-inspired bird that I decided to try a butterfly. I like the outer wing treatment in my first attempt, but the inner wing part kind of looks like a creepy spider to me. (yuck) Here it is so you can see what I mean.
Close-up of creepy spider-butterfly
Loving the outer wing treatment, for my next attempt I decided to stick with that and give a simpler, more uniform treatment to the inner wing portions. The simple-to-do vines remind me of lace and I really like the result.

As you can see, I did lots of shading on this one. I thought you might like less so you can add your own magic. Here is a lightened version (JPEG) for you to use in your own designs. I would love to see how you colour this up. Feel free to post your creations on my Facebook Page.

 Thanks for dropping by. Many blessings on your day.

Hugs,
Teresa

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is beautiful zentangling. The tangling patterns really come alive with your wonderful colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow I love how you did this. I so want to learn how to make the zentangling, it looks like so much fun. Thank you for the butterfly.
Rosie

Karon said...

WOW - these are fabulous. I can see what you mean about the coloured one, those red bits look like eyes LOL! But I love the second too! TFS

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Teresa! Love the way you did the outer wings. Gosh, I hope I can find time to do something with this marvelous butterfly. You've really inspired me. :-D

NancyD said...

Gorgeous Theresa! NancyD

Penny said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Teresa! I love, love, love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny